Fox News host Tucker Carlson stated on Monday that he believes some of the January 6 footage released to him by Speaker Kevin McCarthy contradicts “the story that we’ve been told for more than 2 years” regarding the Capitol riot.
“So there are about 44,000 hours [of footage], and we have – you may have read this today – been granted access to that,” Carlson said. “We believe that access is unfettered. We believe we have secured the right to see whatever we want to see.”
“Some of our smartest producers have been there, looking at this stuff and trying to figure out what it means and how it contradicts or not the story that we’ve been told for more than 2 years,” Carlson noted. “We think already that in some ways it does contradict that story.”
Carlson added, Carlson added, “We’re going to spend the rest of this week taking a look at it, assessing it as honestly as we can, and we’re going to bring you what we find next week.”
As Valiant News previously reported, Carlson’s television producers were in Washington, D.C. last week to sift through the footage, which was taken from numerous camera angles throughout Capitol grounds and will be airing on Fox News in a few weeks.
“There was never any legitimate reason for this footage to remain secret,” Carlson told Axios reporter Mike Allen.
“If there was ever a question that’s in the public’s interest to know, it’s what actually happened on January 6. By definition, this video will reveal it. It’s impossible for me to understand why any honest person would be bothered by that,” he added.
The process of releasing the footage to Carlson began earlier this month, according to Allen.
McCarthy told reporters in mid-January of this year that he intended to push the new Republican-controlled Congress to release all of the previously suppressed January 6 security footage for transparency purposes.
This news and commentary by Gabriel Keane originally appeared on Valiant News.